Saturday, December 26, 2009

Yah Eh Nah

I should have posted this months ago...

Yah-eh-na

My first Friday night at the bamboo school went something like this- It was an outdoor worship, mats out on the grass, and the young guy that had been following me around to the bathroom and trying to teach me Karan(Cur-in), which he hardly knows himself, was using a nail clipper as a race car all over my left leg. I was tired. We wake up at 5:45 everyday for worship at 6:00 a.m. and by our 7:00 p.m. worship sleep calls my name in the exact opposite way that I’m hearing teachah ni, teachah ni. I look down at Soo-tit yeah… soo-tit, it sounds like soo- tea though, anyway I look down at this boy and he says yah-eh-nah. yah-eh-way, with a big grin on his face and a rising tone. I’m clueless as to what this means – and a little annoyed beacuase he is still motoring stuff through my leg hair, but you have to see this kids face as he looks at me and says, I love you. That is bamboo school - now, after two months I know it's alot more than that though.

No comments:

Post a Comment